Crockpot Chili

(Gluten & Dairy Free with Vegan Option)

Doesn't this just scream COMFORT FOOD?!?! This is a fairly simple recipe that I created! I even use my own "chili seasoning" blend (see below). I've made this for so many people, and it is loved by ALL!

I'm not going to lie though, when I use these freshly canned tomatoes from my Aunt and Uncle's farm, the chili always tastes THE BEST!!! Look what my sweet mama jarred and sent home with me just so I could make chili this fall and winter-YUUUUMMMM! SOOOO excited to use these in soups and stews!
 I love using this cheese as a dairy-free alternative. I buy the block and shred it myself, much better than the pre-shredded Daiya. It has a funny taste to me.
 ⬇See, no one knows the difference!⬇
Mmmmm, I can smell it now!
Ingredients (Serves 8-10):
  • One lb organic ground beef (omit for vegan option, and use two more cans of beans)
  • 6 or 7 cans Simple Truth organic beans (I love the tri-blend for this. You can do a mix of black, cannellini, kidney, etc)
  • 1-6oz can Muir Glen tomato paste
  • 1-28 oz can Muir Glen diced tomatoes (can use fire roasted)**
  • 1-15oz can Muir Glen tomato sauce**
  • 1 organic onion, diced
  • 1 organic bell pepper, diced
  • 5 or 6 sliced organic mushrooms
  • Chili Seasoning (see recipe below⬇-Double spices for this version)

Directions:
  1. Brown ground beef with the diced onions, bell pepper and mushrooms. (For vegan version, just throw the onions, peppers, and mushrooms straight in the Crockpot!) 
  2. Drain beans (I never rinse them) and add them to the Crockpot
  3. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste to the Crockpot and stir.
  4. Add in the browned beef and sauteed veggies and stir.
  5. Add spices to the top of the Crockpot and mix well.
  6. Set your Crockpot to 5 hours on HIGH.
  7. Serve with corn chips, shredded cheese (Daiya for dairy free/vegan option), sliced avocado, diced onions, black olives, sour cream, etc!
**When using one of the jars of stewed tomatoes, I only added the 6oz of tomato paste.







Comments

Popular Posts