Strawberry & Spinach Salad

(Gluten Free)

This is such a simple little salad, and as you can tell, I had lots of help from a certain little 4-year-old making it this morning. I love letting my kids help me in the kitchen. It seems to help them try new things.  

I love this little strawberry huller-it gets the job done quickly and easily. It's perfect for getting rid of the bitter taste from the hull and stuffing your strawberries! 
Like I had to do for my 6-year-old here ↓

 Goat cheese stuffed strawberries are one of his & my favorite snacks!

Goat cheese can be tricky to crumble, so here's a tip: Stick your goat cheese in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes, take it out right before you want to crumble it, use a fork (like pictured below), and it's easy as pie!
 

 Ingredients: This is all you need for this great little side salad!

  • One container of Organic Strawberries-hulled and sliced (I used about half of the container since my kids wanted a snack)
  • 5 oz. Organic Baby Spinach
  • Organic Goat Cheese Log (crumbled-see above for a tip; use as much or as little as you like!)
  • 1/4-1/3 cup Slivered Almonds, Chopped Pecans or Walnuts
  • 1/4 cup Bragg's Vinaigrette Dressing
Directions:
  1. Combine spinach, strawberries, nuts and toss.
  2. Crumble in the goat cheese and add the Vinaigrette.
  3. Lightly toss and store in fridge. I like to make this in the morning when we're going to eat it that night. This way, the dressing's flavor really pops!

Comments

Popular Posts