Chicken and Potato Roast

(Gluten & Dairy Free with Paleo Option)

I've made this dish for different families and different groups of people, and I've received so many compliments that it just HAD to be put on the blog! I actually had a friend that wanted to bring me dinner after I brought my new addition, Harvey, home (thanks Quam!!!). She asked me what meal I wanted and this was it, no question!!  In the picture above, I made two 9x13 pans for my family in Alabama, and every single bite was GONE that night!

Ingredients (this recipe is for one 9x13 size):
  • 6-8 organic chicken thighs (boneless & skinless)
  • 6 organic red potatoes-cut in chunks*** 
  • 5 organic carrots (peeled and cut in 1/2 inch chunks)
  • 5 stalks celery (cut in 1/2 inch chunks)
  • 3 tsp minced garlic or two bulbs of garlic (peeled and cut into cloves)
  • 1 onion (peeled and cut into chunks)
  • 1-2 tsp olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • Sea salt & Pepper to taste
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375F.
  2. Place chicken thighs in the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking dish.
  3. Place veggies and minced garlic on top of chicken thighs.
  4. Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken.
  5. Top the veggies with the spices and lightly toss with tongs leaving the chicken thighs in the bottom of the dish.
  6. Bake for 80-90 minutes.
  7. Serve warm!
***For Paleo option, use sweet potatoes instead of red potatoes.

Inspired by this recipe.

Comments

Popular Posts